Wednesday, December 08, 2010

To sleep like a baby...

When Superman was younger I was totally confused about the saying, "sleep like a baby".  My baby was a fairly loud sleeper and he certainly wasn't sleeping for long periods of time.  Why would I want to sleep like a baby if that is what a baby sleeps like?

Well now I get it.  When I place Superman into the crib it goes one of two ways.

1. He cries for 30 seconds to 1 minute, rolls over and falls asleep.*

2. He rolls over and falls asleep.* 

Do you know what I would give to be able to fall asleep that fast?  Maybe it's because he doesn't have any worries to ponder over or plans to consider or items to complete that weren't written down so he doesn't have to consider getting up to write them down or focusing really hard on not forgetting them.   

Whatever it is, I would like some of what he has got.

*I know that he is asleep because I can see him on the monitor.  Also, although this is almost every time he falls asleep, there are the occasional times where he takes a little bit longer...but they are few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment