Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby #2 - 4.5 weeks

Today, November 3, 2010, I learned that I am pregnant with my second child!  I am over the moon happy and want to shout it from the roof tops. Only problem? We aren't telling anyone.  I am only 4.5 weeks along and think the rule of waiting 12 weeks is a good one in theory.  My husband knows me too well and did agree that I could tell my parents, my sister, and my cousin.  We will tell his parents when we go to their home in Kansas this Thanksgiving. 

I want to keep a log of my pregnancy and thought that maybe down the line I could publish this if people wanted to look back at it.  I have followed Alysha's pregnancy over at The Tarr Pit and love how she does the weekly updates.  I emailed her and asked if I could copy her idea and she said it was fine by her.  In fact she took the idea from The Bump.  So every Saturday I am going update how things are going.  The next update will be at 6 weeks. 

******************************

How I told my husband: I messaged him and asked him to come home for lunch instead of meeting Superman and I out at a restaurant (Wednesdays we do lunch together).  We hadn't been feeling well so he didn't think anything of it.  Superman normally naps till about 1, but woke up early today.  I rushed upstairs and grabbed a white onesie out of the drawer and wrote "Big Brother" on it.  When my husband came home I was still nursing Superman so when we got downstairs hubby was in the kitchen putting dishes away.  He stopped doing the dishes and I handed him Superman (with the shirt on).  At first he didn't notice at all and then he was like, "what is written on this?" and he read "big" and then "brother" and then got the most excited expression on his face.  It was priceless!!

How far along: 4.5 weeks.  

Baby's size: poppy sead

Symptoms: nauseous.  I had the stomach flu this past weekend and just haven't fully recovered...or so I thought.  Hubby got the stomach flu on Monday and is fine now.  I suppose this little poppy seed could be the reason for my nausea (I had nausea pretty bad with Superman.  I lost 15 pounds in my first trimester.) 

Sleep: fine...thank goodness for a baby that sleeps through the night.

Total Weight Gain:  none- first week

Maternity clothes:Not even close.

Best moment this week: Finding out that I am pregnant.

Movement: too early

Food cravings: nope...too nauseous.

Gender:  ?????

Labor signs: none 
What I miss: nothing yet

What I'm looking forward to:  my first doctor's appointment

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  Digital pregnancy tests are awesome.  I love when it popped up: PREGNANT!

Milestones: finding out that I am pregnant.

Emotions:
a bit overwhelmed.  We wanted our kids close together.  In fact we decided 18 months would be a great age difference since they will be into relatively the same things as they grow up.  The reality though? 2 kids under 2 won't be easy.  I guess we have 8 months to start preparing ourselves for the extra work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment