Monday, March 08, 2010

A whole lot of everything...

I have lots of different thoughts running through my brain today so here it goes....

Not surprisingly, a lot of you feel or have felt the same feelings I have had about being a mom lately. Beyond the few comments here, I have received a couple emails from friends and my sister got her mommy friends to comment on her Facebook page and it feels great to know that other moms "get it". I feel so honored to belong to the "Mommy Club" where other moms stick up for each other, help each other out, and routinely remind us that we are in fact doing a good job. Thank you!!

Through the last post I put out into the universe that I needed help entertaining or playing with my 2 month old. "They" say when you put your desires out into the universe, the universe will answer (or something along those lines). Well I had my "New Mom Group" through the hospital that I delivered at yesterday. It is run by an amazing postpartum doula (she also works for the hospital) that has begun to bring in guest speakers periodically. Today we had the visitor that I had been needing....the owner of a local Gymboree!! By the time she was done I felt like I had some more tools to be entertaining to my baby. She showed us a position to sit in to play with our babies, gave us these beach balls that allowed our babies to do "tummy time" in a new way, sang some songs (some I knew already thanks to being a teacher), and played with the parachute. I think we will wait to actually go to Gymboree till Sam is older, but I am grateful for the tools I now have.

**********************************************************

On a side note, I thought I might share my journey of weight (gain and) loss. I know that so many moms struggle with their weight after having children and although that isn't my personal issue...I am still overweight and struggling with it. You see, when I got pregnant I was about 50 pounds over weight...that is really hard to admit because I lost 50 pounds with Weight Watchers just a few years ago. Life happened though and it is what it is...now I just have to do something about it. So a few weeks ago I signed up for Baby Boot Camp and Weight Watchers.

Baby Boot Camp is a postnatal workout class where you get to bring your baby in a stroller as they kick your butt back into shape. Seriously, many of the women in my class are these amazing athletes now (granted they have toddlers now so they may have been at this awhile). I have come a long way since my first class and I am already starting to feel physically better. During my last class I ran/walked over 2 miles and averaged about 5.5 mph! I have a long way to go, but I am really enjoying my butt kicking 3 times a week.

I go to Weight Watchers on Tuesdays...and yes, today I weighed in. So far I am down a total of 4.8 pounds in the 3 weeks I have been going! I feel like I am starting to get back into the groove of things. Thank goodness for the extra points you get when you are nursing. I definitely need them!

***********************************************

I don't really know what the organization of my blog will look like over time, but I see myself sharing with you all aspects of my new found SAHM life. I hope you are finding that you can relate to what I have to say and continue reading. Please take a moment and become a fan of this blog on Facebook, find me on Twitter, or subscribe to the new posts (using the 'Subscribe to' button in the right hand column). I would also love to hear from you, so don't be shy and leave a comment when the mood strikes you!

Love,

Mommy C

2 comments:

  1. Sending love and hugs your way!!! I'm so proud of you for taking care of YOU... which will make you an even better Mama for your little man!!! I love your blog and I'm excited to follow your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama C - I love that we are on the same page for so many things. It's nice to hear what you're going through and realize that I'm not alone. I also joined Weight Watchers this week. About a year and a half ago I lost 40 pounds on weight watchers and started to gain it back before I got pregnant. During my pregnancy...forget it! I gained it all back and then some. Here's to taking care of ourselves! Good luck with the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete