Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite Moments Friday

I can't believe it is Friday already!  What happened to this week?  As I sit down to write this post, I realize that I really need to be keeping notes.  I know that I said several times this week, oh I need to put this in Friday's post....but now I can't remember half of them. Oh well, lesson learned.  Here is what I do remember:


  • Baby S got thrown out of a bar last weekend. (hee hee) Actually we were at a brewery/restaurant in downtown Portland and at 9pm it stops being a restaurant in the eyes of the law.  So they kindly asked us to leave the premises so no one got into trouble.  How did they know that Baby S becomes a total lush at 9:30??
  • We bought a Bumbo for Baby S last week and he is getting the hang of sitting in it.  I have to place my hand behind his head for some of the time because he wants to lean backward and so his head flops backwards, but it seems like every day he holds his head fully up on his own longer and longer.
  • I took a bunch of pictures for St. Patrick's Day with Baby S in his green diapers. I had done a similar thing at Valentine's Day and I was surprised how much more he put up with this time round. Sadly, I do torture him with lots and lots of pictures, but I got some real cute shots that will be fun to look back on when he is older.  I had contemplated putting some milk into his bottle and dyeing it green, but since he rarely even drinks out of a bottle I decided it wasn't the memory I was going for.  Maybe I will do that in a sippy cup next year. :)
  • Baby S is tracking me a lot more lately.  My husband will hold him and Baby S will watch me walk around the room, trying to keep an eye on me the whole time.  He did that again today when I brought him in to see some coworkers.  There is something so amazing about having someone be that attached to you.  It is also slightly overwhelming. 
I think I actually remembered all the ones that I actually wanted to put into this post.  I'm so proud of myself.

So now I will stop going on and on and ask you to add a comment with your favorite moment or moments with your little (or big) ones this week.

Have a great weekend!  Go Jayhawks!

Mommy C

2 comments:

  1. Ellie loves her Bumbo...for five minutes at a time. She's little enough that she flops to the side in it, and then she screams to be straightened up or just plain taken out! But this week has seen a big improvement in her 'sitting' abilities...she's well on her way to being able to do it herself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are 9 and 5, so I missed out on the Bumbos! I sooo wish I would have had one when they were babies.

    ReplyDelete