Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby #2: Week 34

month 8
May 29, 2011 

How far along: 34 weeks  

Baby's size: Honeydew Melon (Month 8: weeks 33-36 -- Average size: 17.2-18.7 in and 4.2-5.8 lb.)

Symptoms (otherwise known as Mommy C's Weekly Complaints):  
  • Somehow I ended up with Braxton Hicks that include back pain.  I know they are BH because they go away when I lie down.  I am hoping that this doesn't mean that I will have back labor.
  • Still happening: peeing all the time, leg cramps, being more tired, and having a hard time bending over.
Total Weight Gain:
Looks like I have fully recovered from all the "ick" and my weight bounced back up.   Not bad though for 34 weeks!
Total weight gain= +9 pounds  

Maternity clothes: Bought a couple new shirts that aren't really my style, but at least they cover my belly.  Of course, they were summer shirts and then it got cold again here.

Best moment this week:  Having my mom here and watching her play with Superman.
  
Movement: Lots of movements and they make me kind of nauseous when I am walking and he decides to change his position.

Food cravings:  Water

Gender:  BOY!!!


Labor signs: more Braxton Hicks this week...with back pain (as mentioned above).  I didn't feel these contractions with Superman so it is weird that they are so noticeable to me.  With Superman I had a lot of cramping during the last 6-8 weeks and so far I have only had that once.  I am fascinated that these symptoms are so different. 


What I miss: My mom!  She left yesterday.  Thank goodness she will be back in just a month to help.  


What I'm looking forward to:  Feeling prepared for the new baby.  I have a few projects that I would like to see get done so that I can relax a little bit. 
 
Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): My mom had told me this before, but mentioned it again while she was here this time.  It is amazing how much more information parents today have compared to our parents.  She says that women just didn't talk with each other about their experiences.  I am grateful to live in time where I get to share my story and here about other women's stories. 


Milestones: Ruled out a planned c-section!  I had some injuries due to delivering Superman that ended up healing on their own.  Had they not done so, it would have been the recommendation of the 2 doctors I was consulting that I have a c-section.  However, they both believe that I am not at a greater risk for it happening again so I get to do a vaginal birth.  


Emotions:  Doing well. 


Exercise:
Boot Camp: Wednesday  (1 hour 15 minutes each each day)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: none (1 hour each) 
Total exercise time:  1 hour 15 minutes (hoping to get back into things this week)

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment