Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby #2: Week 21

Photobucket

February 25, 2011 

How far along: 21 weeks 

Baby's size: (the length of a ) Banana 

Symptoms: Lower back pain still an issue, heart burn was MUCH better this week, having to pee A LOT!
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well, although every so often I end up on my back and not on the pillows on an incline.  I end up waking up and have to adjust so that I can breath normally.  Also, can someone explain to S that sleeping till 7:30 would be great?  He has been waking up at 6:30 and I am exhausted!

Total Weight Gain: This week ?? I haven't weighed myself recently and I don't feel like running upstairs to weight myself so let's just say I didn't gain any this week. :)  Total gain= +3

Maternity clothes:  Yes

Best moment this week: Finding out that we were having a boy.

Movement: On Wednesday I started really feeling the baby.  I was laying down during S's afternoon nap and was feeling a ton of kicks.  It continued that evening.  Unfortunately, every time I put my hands on my belly, the baby wouldn't kick. 

Food cravings:  I tried a Shamrock Shake and it was okay, but nothing I am craving any more.  I really haven't craved anything this week. 

Gender:  BOY!!!

Labor signs: none

What I miss:  Being pain free and my word retrieval skills.  I can't believe how bad it has gotten.  I struggle to come up with the right word at least once in almost every conversation.

What I'm looking forward to:  My husband being able to feel the baby kick.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  I am sure I have said this before, but the second time around is so different for me in terms of anxiousness and anticipation.  Last time I could barely wait to find out the gender that we paid to have an extra ultrasound done early.  This time around, I was fine to wait and then when it was time for the ultrasound, I was more interested in seeing a healthy baby and was going to be okay if we didn't learn the sex. 

Milestones:Feeling some great kicks and learning the gender.

Emotions:  I am crying over everything.  I cried when I read other people's blogs (like when I read that Alysha from The Tarr Pit had her baby!) or watching The Biggest Loser.  My sappiness has reached a new level!


Exercise: This wasn't a great exercise week.  I only went to Boot Camp on Wendesday (for 60 minutes) and didn't swim at all.  Next week I will get back on track!

Tandem Nursing:  
Officially over. 

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment