Saturday, February 05, 2011

Baby #2: Week 18

Photobucket

February 5, 2011 

How far along: 18 weeks 

Baby's size: sweet potato

Symptoms:  Back pain and tired 

Sleep: I started using the pregnancy pillow (the c shaped one) and that seems to be helping me.  I have had to nap at the same time as Superman a couple times this week because I was so tired.  I think tired is just going to be my state of being for a while.

Total Weight Gain: I think I am still up 1 pound, although my doctor told me on Monday that I had lost 2 pounds since the last time I was there.  Basically? I am about the same as before I got pregnant. 

Maternity clothes:  Yes. 

Best moment this week:  I scheduled my anatomy scan for February 25th!

Movement:I felt one kick this week (yesterday in fact).  I have a tilted uterus and I don't think it has corrected itself yet.  When I use my doppler, the heart beat is softer than it was when the baby was lower.  I spoke to the doctor about how I haven't been feeling the baby and asked if the tilted uterus could be to blame (or if it was all my chub in my belly).  Her answer, "it's possible".  She also said many moms don't feel the baby till much later.  She struggled to get the heart beat strong as well, but reassured me (not that I needed reassuring) that as long as they can find the heart beat, all is well.  So I am just going with the fact that this baby is tucked away safely.

Food cravings: I am not really craving anything.  In fact I am having a hard time eating because nothing sounds good. 

Gender:  My husband thinks it is a girl and I think that his family has so many boys in it that I am likely to have another boy.

Labor signs: none

What I miss: nothing this week  

What I'm looking forward to: The anatomy scan on February 25th!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  I have come to accept my state of being tired.  I don't think it is going to get better any time soon so I am just going to keep plugging away, one day at a time.

Milestones:  Feeling a kick and scheduling the anatomy scan

Emotions:  Not bad this week.  I feel pretty solid, in fact.


Exercise:  Another bad week with exercise. 
Baby Boot camp-NONE-- I know, it is awful.  Here are my excuses: Monday- I had my OB appointment, Wednesday- Superman was sick/tired and too cranky to go, and Friday- he was still not perfect so I wanted him to have a great nap and that meant staying home.  
Walking with Superman about 30 minutes onTuesday
Pregnancy Water Aerobics: 60 minutes on Thursday  (SO glad to be back in the pool!)

Tandem Nursing:  
Officially over. 

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment