Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baby #2: Week 38

June 25, 2011

How far along: 38 weeks

Baby's size: Watermelon (Month 9: weeks 37-Delivery)

Symptoms (otherwise known as Mommy C's Weekly Complaints): 

  • A LOT of low pressure  
  • Baby #2s position is pushing on a nerve causing sharp, shooting pains in my upper thigh/groin (not sciatica- more in the front) when I am walking (not all the time thank goodness!)
  • Sore hips -although the foam pad seems to be helping a lot.
  • Fewer braxton hicks and cramping this week compared to last, but I have had a few painful contractions as well (just enough for me to think, "could this be it?" and then they stop).
  • General uncomfortableness
Total Weight Gain:
Total weight gain= +11 pounds  

Maternity clothes:yes

Best moment this week:  I learned that there was an actual change happening with my cervix.   This made me grateful that I didn't go through all that pain last week for nothing. 
  
Movement: Yes, on Thursday I swear he was doing gymnastics in my uterus.  Then on Friday I had a bit of a scare when I hadn't felt him all morning and when I laid down to try and do kick counts I only got a couple in an hour.  I called the midwife to find out if I should be expecting decreased movement as I approach the end of the pregnancy and she informed me that I should still be getting 10 kicks in 2 hours.  So I drank some juice and stopped trying to multi-task and sure enough, in the second hour he woke up and started moving. 

Food cravings:  Fruit - so glad that strawberries are in season!

Gender: BOY!!!  

Labor signs: 
This past week was so much calmer than the week before.  I decreased my activity a ton thanks to my husband and sending Superman to daycare on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings (in addition to his full day on Monday).    


However, on Monday the midwife said I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Then on Tuesday I lost the rest of my mucus plug (I had been losing smaller amounts of it the week prior.  Sorry if this is TMI.).  I have also had a few contractions that were actually painful, but they never became regular or continued for very long. 


I am torn on whether or not to have the midwife check me on Monday.  I am grateful that this little guy has decided to stay in a little longer and I am not sure I want to stir things up.  So we shall see...

What I miss:  Being able to go about my normal routine.  I also really miss going to Boot Camp.  


What I'm looking forward to:  Tuesday when my mom gets here!!!!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): Listen to your body.

Milestones: Made it another week!  I am shooting for July 2nd now because we think it would be cool for Superman and Baby #2 to be exactly 18 months apart.

Emotions: I am going to write a full post regarding the change in my emotions this week.  However, I will share that I have been much more quick to tears...I almost starting crying today when my husband went and got cash so I could have a lemonade at the Farmer's Market this morning.  I think I have said, "stupid hormones" to more people than I can count this week as an explanation for the tears. 

Exercise:
Boot Camp:  OFFICIALLY DONE  (even though I miss it!!)


Pregnancy Water Aerobics: Monday (1 hour each)  -I am not sure if I am done with this or not.  I could only do about 15 minutes of the actual workout before the braxton hicks started up again.  I spent the remainder of the class floating and enjoying weightlessness.  I imagine if I go, I will likely just go to float.


Total exercise time:  not enough to really count.

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment