Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baby #2: Week 37

month 9
June 18, 2011

How far along: 37 weeks

Baby's size: Watermelon (Month 9: weeks 37-Delivery)

Symptoms (otherwise known as Mommy C's Weekly Complaints): 
This was a tough week.  In fact on Thursday there was a part of me that thought I wasn't going to make it to this weekend still pregnant.  
  • A LOT of low pressure  
  • Sore hips - I finally bought a foam pad that is big enough for my side of the bed.  This allows me to sleep on my side with slightly less hip pain....just wish it was more than slightly less.
  • Cramping and Braxton hicks 
  • General uncomfortableness
Total Weight Gain:
Total weight gain= +11 pounds  

Maternity clothes:yes

Best moment this week: We had an ultrasound on Monday and got to see our boy again (and actually confirm that he is still a boy).  They estimated his current weight at 7 pounds 1 ounce which had me worried at first.  Then I looked back at the ultrasound we had with Superman at the same point.  They estimated his weight at the time to be 7 pounds 2 ounces and he was born 2 weeks later at 7 pounds 14 ounces.
  
Movement: Yes, less kicks though and more full body movements.

Food cravings:  Watermelon!  I think it is funny that the baby is as big as a watermelon and that is what I am craving. :)

Gender: Still a...  BOY!!!  

Labor signs: Um, Yes?  
(Rather than just list how I have been feeling, I am going to write it out.  These are the things that I think I will forget in the years to come (since I have already forgotten what it was like with S) and I would like to have record of it.) 
     Tuesday night I began to have trouble walking without having a ton of low pressure.  I also began to get really emotional over everything.  Wednesday I woke up with some mild cramping (like period cramps), but it went away shortly after waking up.  I tried to go to boot camp, but between the low pressure, my emotions, and eventual contractions, I left in tears.  I was fine, just needed some rest.  Wednesday night, thanks to Isabelle's suggestion on the Facebook wall, I went to water aerobics and I felt really good while doing them.  It is nice to feel weightless when you have so much pressure the rest of the day. 
     Thursday I woke up again with the mild cramping, but they didn't go away.  I called the midwife after 2 hours and spoke to the nurse.  We ruled out any infection that might cause the cramps.  I explained that I was also having really low pressure and feeling like I had to go #2 all the time (sorry TMI) even though I didn't.  I got the feeling from her that she thought maybe I was in early labor, but wasn't ready to tell me that.  She told me I could call back and make an appointment to be checked out if I felt worse later.  The cramps basically stayed with me all day, although I noticed them less if I was distracted so I tried to stay distracted.  Unfortunately, that backfired on me and made them worse later.  So I laid low the rest of the day and decided if I still had the cramps in the morning, I would go to the doctor.
     Friday I woke up and the cramps were gone.  I brought S to an indoor playground/cafe in town and we played for about an hour, but then the cramps came back.  So we went home and I rested while S napped.  It was such a nice day out, but the warmth was just too much for me in the afternoon.  I felt nauseous and cramping.  So instead of playing outside all afternoon like I had planned, S and I hid out inside.  I felt awful that I couldn't bring him outside, but I knew that I would only be worse off if we went out.  Eventually I decided that my cramps and nausea were too much so I filled our giant tub in the master bathroom and S and I took a bath together.  It was wonderful!  He got to play and have a great time and it really helped me feel better.
     Yesterday was my wedding anniversary so my husband and I went out to dinner dessert.  Sitting upright appears to be difficult for me and a trigger for the cramping and contractions.  We made due though and had a great night.  Unfortunately, I woke up around 2 am last night with more cramps, contractions, and nausea.  It is frustrating for me that just the act of going out to dinner and dessert was too much for my body to handle.  
     I am now dealing with the guilt of what this means for Superman and the week ahead.  My husband tries to remind me that I stopped working at 37 weeks with S and so I shouldn't feel bad, but I had been feeling so good for so long that I really had hoped that I would stay that way till my water broke.  I guess I was being a bit naive.   

What I miss:  Feeling like I can do anything.  I will probably sound like a broken record here, but I really thought I was going to feel good till the end this time around.  

What I'm looking forward to: Next Tuesday when my mom gets here. 

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): That our bodies have a way of telling us when to slow down and when you don't listen, it just speaks louder to you. 

Milestones: Made it to full term! 

Emotions:  I am so emotional!  I am currently blaming it on hormones and the fact that I feel so lousy.  I want to be excited that I am going to meet this little guy soon, but am worried that he will come sooner than he should.  I know that he is technically full term now, but I have to believe that another week or two will be better for him...even if it is a struggle for me.  

Exercise:
Boot Camp: Tuesday (1 hour 15 minutes) and about 20 minutes on Wednesday----OFFICIALLY DONE 

I have put my boot camp membership on hold and will not try to work out again till 6 weeks postpartum.  

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: Wednesday (1 hour each) 
Total exercise time:  2 hour 35 minutes--For this week the only "exercise" I am doing is going to water aerobics and then I am still going to be cautious about how much I do....then next week I may reconsider once my mom gets to town. :)

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment