Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby #2: Week 36

month 8

June 12, 2011

How far along: 36 weeks  -Technically I am still in my 8th month.  This seems wrong since I have less than a month till my due date of July 9th.

Baby's size: Honeydew Melon (Month 8: weeks 33-36 -- Average size: 17.2-18.7 in and 4.2-5.8 lb.)

Symptoms (otherwise known as Mommy C's Weekly Complaints):
  • A LOT of low pressure  
  • Sore hips - I spend a lot of time squatting and stretching them out
  • Cramping and Braxton hicks  (no back pain!!)
Total Weight Gain:
Total weight gain= +9 pounds  

Maternity clothes:yes ---starting to look at some good summer nursing tops.  If you have a suggestion, I will gladly take it!  (I would like to avoid having to layer with a tank underneath.)

Best moment this week:  Finding out that we were going to get to see the little guy one more time before he really arrives. 
  
Movement: Yes, although he is slowing down a little bit.  He moves throughout the day, but always the crazy movements I was getting.  I am guessing he is running out of room!

Food cravings:  Watermelon!

Gender:  BOY!!!   (We are hoping the ultrasound on Monday will show that this is still the case!)

Labor signs: Same as last week- lots of low pressure and some braxton hicks.  There are times when the low pressure is so bad that I have to stop because it feels like the baby is going to fall out.  I know that won't happen, but it catches me off guard.  I was reading the Baby Center week by week update for this week and it said that some women describe it as having a bowling ball between their legs.  Yeah, that sounds about right.

What I miss: Being comfortable.  I had my first "I'm done" days this week.  If you have been pregnant or lived with someone who was pregnant, you know about this.  These are the days where there are a lot of tears, a lot of complaining, and a lot of wishing for this baby to be OUT.  

What I'm looking forward to:  The ultrasound Monday! 

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): That I am going to switch to a midwife (still delivering in a hospital)!  I will get the benefit of having a midwife's wisdom, guidance, and support throughout labor and delivery and if (God forbid) something go wrong, there is always a doctor on-call. 


Milestones: Less than one calendar month away from the due date!


Emotions:  A bit more weepy this week....mostly over things that are sappy or when thinking about my stepmom who passed just before I got pregnant.


Exercise:
Boot Camp: Wednesday and Friday (1 hour 15 minutes each each day)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: none (1 hour each) 
Total exercise time:  2 hour 30 minutes--I met my goal!  Now to get back to water aerobics at least once this week.  We shall see if that happens or not. It is at night so most nights I am too tired to go.

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment