Monday, June 06, 2011

Baby #2: Week 35

month 8 
June 4, 2011 ...well technically it is June 6th

How far along: 35 weeks  

Baby's size: Honeydew Melon (Month 8: weeks 33-36 -- Average size: 17.2-18.7 in and 4.2-5.8 lb.)

Symptoms (otherwise known as Mommy C's Weekly Complaints):  
  • Heartburn 
  • Lower back pain (from a lot of walking on the beach though)
  • Low pressure- I remember this from last time.  I remember telling my doctor about it and being so worried that it meant that I was starting to dilate and that the baby was going to come early.  She had gently chuckled at me and reassured me that it was normal.  Amazing how calm I am about it all now.
  • Cramping and back pain with Braxton hicks
Total Weight Gain:
Just went to the doctor's this morning and I am still at 9 pounds!  Because the doctor is cautious, I am getting an ultrasound next week to make sure that the baby is growing appropriately.  Since my fundal height is fine she wasn't worried, but wanted to be sure (she has never had a woman that had good fundal height and low weight gain have a baby not be growing okay).
Total weight gain= +9 pounds  

Maternity clothes: Growing out of maternity clothes...what is next? Moo moos.

Best moment this week:  Superman has begun to point to my belly and say baby.  I don't think he really gets it, but it is cute none-the-less.
  
Movement: Yes!  It is crazy to watch him move around my belly.  Seems like he is running out of space in there.  

Food cravings:  nothing really

Gender:  BOY!!! 

Labor signs: more Braxton Hicks this week...with cramps and back pain (as mentioned above). I am also having the low pressure (as mentioned above) and although it isn't true labor signs, it is a sign that things are beginning to "get ready".

What I miss:  Being able to comfortably read stories with Superman in my lap.  He has a hard time getting comfortable and settling down now.   

What I'm looking forward to:  The ultrasound next Monday! 

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): Everything will be okay.  I freaked out a little last week because I realized we were getting really close.  Thanks to a bit of perspective and advice from my sister, I am feeling a lot better about things. 


Milestones: Started going weekly to my ob appointments!  We also talked about birth plans today at my appointment which lead my ob to suggesting that I might want to switch to a midwife.  You see, my ob will most likely be on vacation and although I trust all the other doctor's in the office, some have different opinions on laboring options.  I would really like to labor in the tub, but many don't allow it if your water has already broken (which is what happened last time).  So I have posed the question to my friends on my personal Facebook page and you can expect a post about it soon.


Emotions:  Still a little anxious that we are getting so close to the due date, but overall I am much better than last week.


Exercise:
Boot Camp: Wednesday  (1 hour 15 minutes each each day)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: none (1 hour each) 
Total exercise time:  1 hour 15 minutes (I have a goal to get to 2 boot camp classes and one swim class this week)

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment