Thursday, January 06, 2011

Pure Joy

I don't know what happened to today...it somehow got away from me.  At about 4:50 I realized that I never sat down and wrote.  Not good.  In fact, I wasn't even really sure what I was going to write about so I was very close to just forgetting about it all together.  Then bath time happened.

For days my husband, who is in charge of bath time, has been telling me that Superman has been leaning over his bath seat (which is similar to this one) to try and stick his face in the water.  My reply each time has been, "so let him".  My husband was all concerned that he might hurt himself, but I tried to assure him that as long as he was there watching and he didn't let him stay under for more than a second, the worst that would happen is that he would hate it.

So tonight, as I was folding laundry in the next room, my husband called to me and said that he was trying to do it again.  So I rushed into the bathroom to take a look.  Sure enough he was bending way over and putting his mouth into the water.

My response? Lots and lots of cheers! So then he wanted to do it again and again and again.  At one point he did a raspberry into the water and blew bubbles and I went nuts!  I was so proud of him for a) liking his face in the water and b) being able to blow bubbles so young.

My husband, not to be outdone by his son (I tease), decided he would start blowing bubbles too.  Superman thought this was just great and began giggling up a storm.  Of course it also just made him want to put his face in the water more as well because he loves to imitate what his daddy does.  He successfully blew bubbles several times and if we had let him stay in the bath any longer, I am sure he would have really gotten the hang of it.

Tonight was one of those moments that I hope I always remember.  The pure joy and laughter was something I wish I could bottle and keep forever.

I would love to hear some of your moments of pure joy with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment