Saturday, July 16, 2011

One week!

We survived the first week!  Mr. T was born one week ago and I would say all things considered, the week went really well.  Sure there were bumps in the road, but when you have an 18 month old and a newborn how can there not be bumps in the road?

During much of Superman's first year I did (not so much) weekly posts recording my favorite moments and the latest milestones reached.  These posts made completing his baby books (Yes, I said books. There are 4. I used Picaboo and incorporated A LOT of pictures, therefore requiring multiple books.) so much easier.  In fact, I don't think I would have been able to include so many details had I not had the posts.  So, I am going to attempt to continue these posts for Mr. T.   Will they be weekly?  Not likely, but I am going to try.

I began to write a post for this week, only to realize that I have way too much to say for one post.  Why am I surprised?  Our lives have completely changed in the last week!

So a quick real quick overview of our week and then I will post the other stuff in a new post later.

Mr. T and I were at the hospital Saturday and Sunday, arriving home Sunday evening after Superman had gone to bed (to limit the disruption with dinner and bedtime).   When we brought Superman home after he was born, the first night was so awful because nursing was not going well at all.  Because of this, both my husband and I were both worried that the same would be true with Mr. T.  Thankfully, despite some latch issues that I will discuss in another post, Mr. T had a good night with us waking him up every 3 hours to eat.

The week included a whole lot of "finding our new normal".  Adjusting to breastfeeding a little person around the clock again, having two little boys needing my attention, my husband and I figuring out how to adjust "our roles" to fit in Mr. T and so that everything still gets done are just a few things that we need to get used to.

I have to say that getting Superman used to having a brother has been my biggest focus so one of the follow-up posts will be all about that.  I also thought I would share a little about how breastfeeding is going.  Finally, not related to Superman or Mr. T really, but I will also have a quick post about my weight loss goals. 

So look for the posts over the next day and if there is anything else you are curious about, please feel free to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment