Saturday, April 03, 2010

Is your blog carbon neutral?

Did you know that a blog with 15,000 visitors a month has a yearly carbon dioxide emissions of around 8lbs? I had no idea until I received an email from Christin on the "Make it Green" team about their latest initiative. They have partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation and will be planting trees in the Plumas National Forest in Northern California in order to help neutralize the carbon footprint of blogs.  Cool right? 

Now I don't have 15,000 visitors a month (yet?), but as a recycling, hybrid driving, cloth diapering momma, I would hate to know that somehow my blogging has increased my carbon footprint.  So I checked the "Make it Green" team out by visiting their website.  I learned that they were a German team that began the "Make it Green" campaign in an effort to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.  They say by planting one tree, it can offset my blog's carbon emissions for 50 years!!

(graphic taken from Make it Green's website where you can learn more about how this all works)

So how do I get them to plant a tree for me?  Easy peasy! I just write a blog about their initiative, include the button (see below) and email them what I wrote.  They didn't ask me to recruit you to do it too, but I think it would be great if you would.  Please take a minute and check them out, then if you want to make a difference in our world with one simple post..."Make it Green"!  Then if you want to make me feel really good, come back and let me know that you did it too. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. You know, I think I saw this email in my inbox but set it aside til after the holidays. Thanks for posting this. I'm now reminded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal! My family and I have decided that we would like to start being kinder to our environment. I know it's easier to say it, but we going to start with small changes.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete