Saturday, August 14, 2010

Favorite Moments....um, Saturday?

It has been a long time since I have done a Favorite Moments Friday (I looked and the last one was in MAY!), but I came across a cartoon that made me realize that I need to take a day and focus on all of S's new developments.  So first, the cartoon:
Check out this awesome artist at "Mama is..."
 Great cartoon, right?  Well there are so many things that I want to remember that it has taken me two days to write the post.  Here are the things that have happened since May:

June:

  • Superman turned 5 months old and began the journey of learning a bazillion new things in a very short amount of time. 
  • The Farmer's Market started back up and we began making it an almost every week tradition to get our fruits, veggies, and meats.
  • Hubby and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary!
  • Superman went to his first baseball game to see the Portland Beavers.  Did you know that they had a suite reserved for parents of young children?  It was awesome!!
  • On Father's Day, hubby was giving Superman a bath and he pooped in the tub. It wasn't the first, surely wouldn't be the last, but it was his little gift to Dad on Father's Day.
  • We had one of the worst Junes weather wise...so much rain!! I wrote about how there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad equipment.
  • Superman began to roll over from front to back pretty regularly and I began to think that we needed to get him to sleep without the swaddle.
  • So we began the process of "deswaddling" and I wrote about it here and here.
  • As soon as we began to put Superman down to sleep without a swaddle, he began rolling from front to back!  It wasn't long before he began to be a rolling champ.
  • We graduated from the Moms Group at the end of the month (and I wrote about it here).  Superman wasn't quite 6 months, but since the first Monday in July was a holiday, we weren't going to have class.  It was sad to leave the group, but I left with a really great playgroup and some even better friends. 
  • I had to go get the breathable bumpers for Superman's crib because now that he could roll everywhere, he kept getting stuck with his legs in the slats of the crib.  The bumpers work great!!
July
  • Superman turned 6 months old!!  I couldn't believe we were halfway to one year old.  The time is speeding past me and I really wish I could slow.things.down.
  • July 4th we began a new tradition.  We headed to a local farm and went berry picking!  I look forward to doing it next year when Superman can help us eat the berries off the bushes help us pick the berries to take home.
  • We flew to NY without my husband!  We began Baby Tour 2010 with two weeks at my dad and stepmom's house.  I wrote about the reason for our long visit here.
  • While in NY, Superman learned how to go underwater in the pool.  My dad has a pool and we had a blast swimming almost every day.  I was a little nervous about putting him under the water, but after getting some tips from friends, it worked out great!! He no longer spits and sputters when he gets water in his face.
  • He also discovered his feet while we were in NY.  I thought that maybe that fascination was going to pass him by, but he found those feet of his and loves them dearly now. 
  • Superman had 2 teeth at this point and he began to teeth a few more while we traveled.  He also decided to try using those teeth on me and he heard "No biting Mommy!" several times.
  • We headed to Lake George and went swimming in the lake AND revisited my old life guarding stomping grounds on the Hudson River.  He wasn't too sure what to make of all that sand. Fortunately, he didn't try to eat it.
  • Superman tried ice cream for the first time.  It was just a very, very tiny bit the first time and then when his dad got to NY we tried it again.  We gave him a little bit more and he was pretty gassy the rest of the afternoon so we decided that maybe it was a wee bit too early for ice cream. 
  •  We drove to NJ to see my moms, grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousin.  My moms drove up from NC so that we could spend more time with everyone.  It was amazing to see Superman meet his Grandma G for the first time.  It was also really cool to see him with my grandmother (who is 95).  
  • On the way back up to NY, we stopped in Philadelphia for the day. We saw the Liberty Bell and did a really fast tour of Constitutional Hall. We also did lunch at Pat's!
  • Our final night on the east coast was spent at my cousin's house.  I know I keep saying this, but it was so much fun to see Superman with his cousins!
  • We got home from the east coast and had 3 full days to prepare for my brother and sister in law's arrival with two of their kids (4 and 9).  
  • We started Baby and Me swim classes and all the practice at my father's house was great.  He loves the water and seems very comfortable in it now. I just hope it stays that way!

August
  • Superman turned 7 months old!
  • Despite being born in January, Superman has never seen or touched snow until this month.  We went up to Mount Hood with our family and it still has a bunch on it...so he got to dip his toes into the snow thanks to his dad. 
  • We went to the (ocean) beach for the first time with Superman (he had gone once before technically, but it was so cold that he barely came out of the car seat).  This time he did try to eat the sand!!
  •  He is starting to crawl...well it is the army crawl, but you know what I mean.  He had done a little bit of it with my mom when we were back east, but nothing since then.  But now if you have a toy that he wants A LOT, instead of rolling for it, he will now do the army crawl.  Time to start baby proofing!

See...I told you there were a lot of things that have happened since the last one.  A bit overwhelming actually.  But now it is done and recorded and I can move on to new posts next week.  I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

TTFN,

Mommy C

No comments:

Post a Comment