Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 2: Nap Transition

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday.  My husband and I went to the Blazer game last night and I was exhausted when we got home.

Yesterday went really well in the big scheme of things...overall I just want a well rested kid that is happy when he is awake and yesterday that is what I got.   In order for him to get there though? He needed a second nap.

Here is our day yesterday:

Wake up on Tuesday: 7:00-7:20ish
First Nap: 11:20am-12:40pm
Second Nap: 3:00-4:40PM
Bedtime: 7:00PM

At about 2:30 yesterday he started to get a bit cranky.  I gave him a snack and he started to rub his eyes.  I decided to try and put him down for a nap and he went down SO EASILY!  It isn't like I thought he would just drop his second nap all together, I was just surprised since he hadn't had a really good afternoon nap in a while (normally he spends 45 minutes of it playing and then crashes for about 30 minutes). His mood the rest of the day was pretty good.  He was a little upset when we left him with the sitter, but she said he calmed down relatively quickly.  She ended up putting him down about 15 minutes earlier than Monday night because he was starting to get tired (love that she was that attentive to him!). 

So today we have plans in the afternoon so we shall see how it goes.  He has been asleep for almost an hour now so if he can get another 30 minutes he might be good for the afternoon.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment