Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby #2: Week 24

Photobucket

March 12, 2011 

How far along: 24 weeks

Baby's size: Papaya (week 21-24 or month 5)

Symptoms:  Lots of kicks, some more acid reflux than normal, and braxton hicks on Friday (I think I was dehydrated).  The back pain is still here, but it is a lot better. I am learning what aggravates it and am avoiding the things that I can (obviously I still need to pick up S, but I use a stroller more when we are out and about).  I am now wearing a hip brace to hold everything together.  I got it yesterday so I am not sure how much of a difference it makes really yet.  However, it is comfortable (unless I am sitting on the floor) and I like how it feels nice and snug on my hips.

Total Weight Gain: 
Total weight gain= +4 pounds  

Maternity clothes:  Yes

Best moment this week:  Superman is really starting to notice my big belly. He likes to rest his head on it and hug it when he is in the shopping cart.  If I am sitting on the floor he will rest his head on it as well. 

Movement: Lots and lots of movements!!

Food cravings:  Twizzlers, bananas, and anything mint. 


Gender:  BOY!!!

Labor signs: none

What I miss:  Being able to tie my shoes without having to move my leg out to the side.  I guess I am grateful that I can still tie them though.

What I'm looking forward to:   Today I am going to the spa!  I have a prenatal massage, facial, eye brow wax, and pedicure scheduled.  Bring on the relaxation!!!   (Also, being able to feel the kicks easily from the outside.)

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  I am slowing down already!  I can't imagine how slow I will be by the time I get to the end of the pregnancy.

Milestones: nothing this week

Emotions:  I have struggled with some anxiety this week.  All the talk about possible radiation reaching Oregon and potential earthquakes on the west coast leads to a lot of irrational worry on my part. I know in my head that we are going to be fine, but it is all the "what-ifs" that lead to the irrational concerns.  Fortunately, my husband is GREAT at listening to me and making me feel better.


Exercise:
Boot Camp: Monday and Friday (1 hour 15 minutes each)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: Thursday  (1 hour class)
Stretching: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (about 10 minutes each)

Total exercise time: 4 hours 40 minute


Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment