Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby #2: Week 25

month 6
March 25, 2011 

How far along: 25 weeks

Baby's size: Eggplant (Month 6 - week 25-28) or Rutabaga for week 25  (I love saying rutabaga!)

Symptoms:  Holy movement batman! I love doing kick counts because my whole belly moves when he kicks.  I missed out on this with Superman because I had an anterior placenta.  My back pain is getting better (thanks to the chiropractor)!!

Total Weight Gain: 
Total weight gain= +4 pounds  

Maternity clothes:  Yes

Best moment this week:  Watching my whole belly move when the baby kicks.  (Also, going to the spa...it was amazing!!)

Movement: Lots and lots of movements!!  The baby had hiccups last night at about 3am, first time of many I am sure. 

Food cravings:  apples and cheddar cheese 


Gender:  BOY!!!

Labor signs: none

What I miss: Enjoying a beer while watching basketball with my husband.  I also miss wine, but wine doesn't taste good during pregnancy so I don't miss it as much. (Yes beer tastes good to me when I am pregnant...very annoying.)

What I'm looking forward to: I have an ob appointment this week and I am looking forward to "checking in".  Unfortunately, I am not looking forward to the glucose test that I have to take.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  I need to listen to my body. The chiropractor has gotten me to pay more attention to what causes my back pain and then (I know, this is going to be shocking...), STOP DOING IT!  Yeah, so I took a break from boot camp, made Superman walk a little bit more (even though that takes forever and a day to do anything), and low and behold my back started really feeling better.  Now I need to start adding things back in slowly.

Milestones: seeing the baby make my belly move

Emotions:  Still dealing with some anxiety, but I think it is calming down.  I get freaked out about going through tunnels and over bridges, but it is all irrational fears that I am trying to move forward from.  I have some calming techniques that seem to be helping.  I dealt with A LOT of anxiety after Supeman was born and my psychiatrist said it is common to see it creep into the next pregnancy.  So we are watching it and prepared to adjust treatment if needed.


Exercise:
Boot Camp: Friday (1 hour 15 minutes each)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: none- spring break and they were closed
Stretching: every day (about 5-10 minutes each)

Total exercise time:  only about 2 hours this week....this WILL be better next week.


Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment