Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall

I love fall.  I know, I know I have said this already, but I feel like it needs to be said again.  Right now?  The sun is shining, the air is crisp and as I look around, there are oranges, yellows, and reds dressing most of the trees in my neighborhood.

Superman in stroller
For the last week I have woken up to chilly temps at or below 45 degrees.  When Superman and I head out to boot camp or for a run (just started C25K), we are bundled up.  Him in warm clothes and in his LL Bean bunting in the stroller, me in sweats and several layers on top.  I love that I can see my breath as I run, it is as if there is physical proof beyond my body that says that I am working out hard.

By the time Superman wakes from his first nap the temperatures have warmed to a very comfortable 60+ degrees (we have 70+ degree days in the forecast for this week).  When we head out for our afternoon adventures we throw on our fleece jackets, but usually end up taking them off.  There seems to be an urgency in me to soak up as much sunlight as I possibly can right now.  I guess I know that soon I will be wishing for just one more hour of daylight. 


It seems difficult to imagine a more perfect kind of day.  Cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon, and nothing but sunshine shining down on you.  I hope you are enjoying your fall weather wherever you are!

TTFN,

Mommy C

No comments:

Post a Comment