Friday, October 08, 2010

Favorite Moments Friday

It has been almost a month since I have done a Favorite Moments Friday and a lot has happened...
  • My in-laws came to visit for a week and it was fun for me to see them interact with Superman.
  • Unfortunately, we had to go back to NY for Donna's funeral, but it was nice to see all my family.  In fact, Superman got to meet my sister for the very first time!  
  • About 2 .5weeks ago Superman learned to crawl into our laps and stand up or sit down (depending on what he was trying to accomplish).  
  • About 1.5 weeks ago Superman figured out how to pull himself up from sitting to standing. I was grateful that he didn't know how to sit up on his own, but we lowered his crib anyway. 
  • It is a good thing that we lowered it because on the day Superman turned 9 months (October 2nd), my husband went to get him from his nap, only to find him sitting up in his crib.  Later that day, while we were at the park, we got to witness the magic ourselves.  He still prefers to crawl into our laps to sit up, but when he is on his own (in his crib or playing independently) he will use his awesome skills to sit up. 
  • Superman had started to walk while we held his hands several weeks ago, but this past Wednesday I gave him his little walker to see what he would do with it and he just walked away.  It was super exciting and just another sign that we probably will have a walker on our hands sooner than later.   
The final thing I want to remember, but certainly can't be called a "favorite moments" has to do with sleep...
  • Superman and sleep haven't gotten along at all this past month.  It started with him waking up at 5am.  At first I could nurse him and put him back to bed till about 7:30...although I didn't really like waking up at 5am, I never fully woke up and was able to get back to sleep easily so it was working for me.  Then he stopped falling back to sleep after the feeding.  He would scream every time I tried to put him into the bed.  He could have been sound asleep and as soon as I let go he would start screaming.  Then came the screaming during the afternoon nap...I would let him cry for one hour and then go get him.  After a couple days of that he and I were both exhausted and cranky.  So just when I thought it couldn't get worse? He starting crying through the first nap too.  So now the kid was not napping at all and waking up at 5am.  I was just grateful that he was going to bed easily....oh wait, that changed too!  Yeah it was so bad that at one point earlier this week he went 48 hours with only sleeping like 16 hours.  But we are being a little bit more consistent about when we check on him and when we actually lift him up out of the crib and he is slowly sleeping better.  
I don't know if it is the season's changing or what but it seems like a lot of babies are having issues right now.  I hope that whatever it is, it fixes itself real soon!!


Mommy C


Post a Comment