Saturday, May 29, 2010

Favorite Moments

I'm BACK!  The last several weeks have been a bit crazy with our trip to California, getting ready for my surgery, and having my mom visit.  Now things are settling down and I am looking forward to getting back into our usual routine.

So here are the main things that have happened in the last 3 weeks.

S and I at MontevinaWe flew down to California for our friend's wedding and had a few adventures while we were down there.  My favorite moment was going to Montevina Winery where we got married. (Yes, I realize I said I was going to do a post about my wedding...don't worry I am working on it.)  We brought food from the restaurant that catered our reception and after doing some tastings, we went out to the patio and ate our lunch.  It is still as peaceful and relaxing as I remember it.  Another favorite moment was all the aspects related to the wedding we were there for.  We got to visit with our friends, seeing a few that we hadn't seen in several years, and pretend that we still lived in town.  A sign of good friendship is the ability to get together, after months or years apart, and feel like it was just last weekend.  I am grateful that we have such great friends.

After we returned from California and I had a whole week to think about my upcoming surgery.  A whole week to obsess over anything is dangerous for me.  Needless to say, I ended up with what I thought was a stomach bug, but looking back was probably just my nerves.  Poor S had to deal with a mom that could barely pick him up because I thought I was going to hurl.  We spent a lot of playtime laying down together.

We brought S to the Farmer's Market for the first time.  He seemed to like staring at all the people, but overall I don't think he was too impressed...I kept telling him that he had no idea what he was going to get to enjoy as he gets older and starts eating real food.  There were crepes, enchiladas, pulled pork, samples of every kind of cheese or bread you could imagine...well you get the idea.  Hubby and I did get some food, but we were pushing naptime so after we got our weekly veggies, we had to hurry home so we could put S down for a nap. 

Sunday night (or early Monday morning) my mom flew in from North Carolina.  The surgery was scheduled for Monday morning and she was here to take care of S while I was in surgery and recovering.  So the next morning Hubby and I went to the hospital for my surgery and despite my usual bad luck health wise, the doctor discovered that the injury she was going to fix had healed on it's own!  So rather than needing my mom to help with daily activities around the house, we got to go on a bunch of adventures!  Tuesday we went to the zoo, Wednesday we spent the afternoon at Powell's Books, and Thursday we headed for the beach and to Tillamook for ice cream and cheese.  S came along (obviously) on our adventures, although he still isn't aware enough of the world around him to truly appreciate the animals at the zoo or the ocean.  My mom was supposed to leave today, but her plane was delayed so much that she would have missed her connection so I get to keep her for one more night!!

So what is new with S?  He seems to be growing a lot and he is now wearing mostly 6 month clothing even if they are a little bit big.  His two bottom teeth are still working their way in and he seems to be needing to chew with the sides of his mouth a lot more.  It seems that S and our dog, Clyde, have discovered each other.  Clyde is very patient with him and will sit and let S "pet" him.  S even grabbed a bunch of hair and he just stayed put and let him do it.   He loves to babble...even his crying includes his attempt to babble about one thing or another. I have a very hard time not laughing or smiling with him when he does it if it is time for bed.  He still hasn't learned to roll over on a regular basis...although he does seem to be trying. 


Mommy C


Post a Comment