Monday, September 12, 2011

Memorable Moments

Mr. T is two months old and I am over due on a post about how things are going.  So without further ado...

  • Two month stats: 
    • weight: 13 pounds, 11 ounces (89th percentile)
    • height: 24.25 inches (89th percentile) 
  • Nursing seems to be going well and he is certainly gaining weight.  Every so often we have a tough time, but that usually has to do with my fast let down.  I pump once a day and get about 7-9 ounces each morning.  When I counted on Friday, I had 83 bags (of 3oz each) of breast milk in my freezer! I have so much that I am going to start giving Superman a sippy cup with about 3oz each day to boost his immunities.
  • Mr. T is starting to "wake up".  He seems to really focus on things now and loves watching the leaves outside or the ceiling fan inside. He has even begun to smile and giggle with increasing frequency.  He still doesn't hold onto toys yet, but his hands are slowly opening up more and more. 
  • That being said, he is a great sleeper!  A nap routine has started to show itself to us. He takes 3-4 naps each day, with the most consistent ones being around 9am and noonish.  I start his bedtime routine around 7pm and is usually asleep by 8pm.  My husband wakes him up for a bottle around 11pm and then he doesn't wake up again till about 4am.  Then he goes back to sleep (usually quickly) and I wake him up around 7:30am (because of our schedule). 
  • He seems to really enjoy spending time with his brother.  They cuddle together after naps and while he is doing tummy time.  I can tell they are going to have so much fun together as they get older. 
  • Speaking of tummy time, about 2-3 weeks ago his acid reflux seemed to get worse and every time he was on his tummy, he spit up.  He spends a lot of time upright so I hoped that he would be okay without tummy time, but I was still worried about it.  Then I was reminded of using a bolster under his chest to lift him up.  This takes the pressure off his belly and now he rarely spits up during tummy time.  
  • On August 24, when he was 6.5 weeks old, Mr. T rolled over on his own!  We were so shocked that my husband put him back on his tummy to see if he would do it again.  Sure enough, he rolled over again!  Obviously, because of the spitting up, he didn't have a lot of opportunity to do it again.  However, when I was taking his 2 month pictures I put him on his stomach and he did roll over again.  He is so strong!
  • Despite his tracheomalacia and acid reflux, he continues to sleep in his crib without an incline.  I am so glad that his medicine is working well enough that we don't have to worry about this. 
  • He likes to sleep on his side in his woombie (a type of swaddle).  I put him on his back, but each time I check on him, he has rolled over to one side, pulled his knees up, and is attempting to suck on his fist. 
 A few things about Superman
  • He is an amazing big brother.  He loves to give Mr. T hugs and kisses.  He might wake up cranky from a nap, but all I have to do is ask him if he wants to see T and his mood changes. 
  • He is no longer doing a full day of daycare once a week.  He has been dealing with some separation anxiety and not only struggling when we drop him off, but screaming at nap time.  Since the child care is in the teacher's home, he was waking other children up.  So he goes for a half day and I pick him up after lunch.  It seems to be working better, but I do hope that at some point he can go back to full day. 
  • We bought him a balance bike called a Strider bike and he loves it!  So far he has gotten really good at walking with the bike and steering.  He still doesn't sit on the bike seat, but I think that is normal at first.  The only problem so far has been that he wants one of us to walk our bike with him.  This has made riding bikes impossible if only one person is home (since someone needs to hold Mr. T or walk with him in the stroller).  Most of the time it is my husband that walks with him and I think it is the highlight of S's day.  
At some point I will update you all on me, but that is way more than I am ready to write about right now.  The only thing that got me to finally update with this was that I was worried I wouldn't remember all of these things when it came to make Mr. T's baby book.  I hope you all understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment