Friday, September 03, 2010

Favorite Moment Friday

Here are my favorite moments from the last 2 weeks:

  • We went to our cousin's 4th birthday party and Superman went in his first bounce house.  Sure the only other person in it at the time was his cousin, but he thought it was great fun to be bounced all around as his cousin jumped.  
  • We finished our Baby and Me swim class and went down this slide:

  • Yes, it was totally scary and I thought I was going to hyperventilate.  The babies had life vests on and we were instructed to try and stand up as we landed in the water.   If the we were going underwater, we were to let go of the baby and the life vest would make sure that they would end up face up.  My friend was in front of me and she had to let go of her baby.  Her baby was face down in the water for a couple of seconds and I was at the top FREAKING OUT! Everyone else was so calm and cool because they are heartless jerks they knew he was going to end up face up thanks to the life vest.  The baby was totally fine and my nerves were shot.  So we get on the slide and head down.  This slide was WAY faster than I thought it was going to be and I kept chanting "remember lift him up as high as I can" as we zoomed toward the bottom.  Superman did great and I think he liked floating with the life vest.  He wasn't too impressed with the slide, but we did go down twice and he did well both times.
  •  We had some really warm weather here about a week and a half ago so I got Superman a baby pool. (if you ever need to buy a baby pool, I highly suggest one with an inflatable bottom.  I hadn't thought too much about it while ordering, but thought it was cool that this particular pool had one.  I have the pool on our cement slab out back and I feel so much better knowing that if he falls over, he will not hurt his head.)  It has a great little inflatable dome that provides the perfect amount of shade.  To Superman? It was just a big tub.  But since he loves bath time, he was perfectly content to sit in it for as long as I would let him.
  •  
  •  We finally have our 7th tooth!  This tooth took forever to come in and had been the most painful one for Superman.  It is the top middle tooth.  The other middle one is threatening to come in as well, but I am hoping that it is a lot less painful for him.
  • We got these balls from Costco and Superman really loves them.  Hubby will rub one of the small ones on Superman's head and he gets a goofy look on his face.  I can't tell if he loves it or if it just feels super weird to him.  
  • We have started Gymboree.  I have a two week trial so we are currently working on that.  He seems to really enjoy himself and it is a great way for me to get some ideas for when we are home looking for things to do.  Next week we are going to try one of their music classes.  
  •  I have set the pack-n-play up in the master bedroom so that I have a safe place to put him down while I am getting ready in the morning.  He loves to put his hand up against the mesh and have you put your hand on his.  He will move his hand all around the side and wait for you to move your hand.  He thinks it is the funniest thing and any length stay in the pack-n-play now requires a quick play of this new game. 

Well he is awake from his non-nap (thanks to a quick nap in the car on the way home from Gymboree. URGH!) so I must his publish and run off.  I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend.  I will be back on Tuesday!

TTFN,

Mommy C

    No comments:

    Post a Comment