Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baby #2: Week 23

Photobucket

March 12, 2011 

How far along: 23 weeks

Baby's size: Papaya (week 21-24 or month 5)

Symptoms:  Lots of movements and no more Braxtin Hicks contractions. 

My lower back pain is still there, but I went to the chiropractor on Friday.  She says my Coccyx (or tailbone) is tilted toward my left side and causing the rest of my spine to be crooked.  I have a flat spot on my upper spine that she says indicates some curvatures (left to right).  My hips are also out of whack because of the tailbone too.  She says that because of the pregnancy hormone, Relaxin, she may need to do on-going treatments because my spine won't likely stay in the right spot, but that between on-going treatments and possibly a brace over my hips she could get me feeling better.  I was a bit worried about being "adjusted", but it wasn't too bad.  I felt quite a bit of relief till the end when she adjusted my hips and then my back started hurting again.  She didn't want to readjust the back (not really clear why), but I go back on Monday (and Wednesday).  She also gave me some exercises to do to help. 

Total Weight Gain: 
Total weight gain= +4 pounds  

Maternity clothes:  Yes

Best moment this week: The baby kicking a lot while I am reading stories to Superman.

Movement: Lots and lots of movements!!

Food cravings:  Nothing really this week


Gender:  BOY!!!

Labor signs: none

What I miss:  Nothing right now  (besides my back not hurting)

What I'm looking forward to:   Being able to feel the kicks easily from the outside.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week):  Don't drink the water!! So many people are pregnant right now. I am guessing that I know about 12-15 people right now and I learned about two more just this week!   

Milestones: nothing this week

Emotions:  My heart goes out to those in Japan.   I am so shaken by the devastation there.  I know this has little to do with my emotions, but when I think of emotions right now, this is all I can think about.


Exercise: I have been doing more stretching than yoga this week.  I will be honest 30 minutes seems like a long time to take out of S's nap time to work on my back.  I found that I can do all the necessary stretches in about 10 minutes so that is what I have been doing.

Boot Camp: Monday, Wednesday and Friday (1 hour each)

Pregnancy Water Aerobics: Tuesday  (1 hour class)
Yoga: Tuesday   (30 minutes each)  
Stretching: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (about 10 minutes each)

Total exercise time: 5 hours 10 minute - up 10 minutes from last week!  :)


Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment