Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Momma's A Mess

So the yesterday I wrote about Superman being a mess...well today is my turn. 

I like to cook and bake when the mood strikes me.  Lately the mood has struck.  I made cookies for Valentine's Day and have been patiently waiting for my bananas to ripen so I could make banana bread. 

I am a messy baker and unfortunately, it only gets worse when I am pregnant.  I forget that my belly is sticking out farther than normal and by the end of my baking expedition I am a mess!

I just finished getting the banana bread ready to bake and I honestly don't know how I do it to myself every.single.time. I have flour down the front (and to be honest I have it on my sleeves and on my pants and probably in my hair too) and then I was doing the dishes and my belly was doing it's sticking out thing and it got all soaked.

It makes me think of those Rice Crispy commercials that used to run where the mom would throw flour on herself before bringing out the Rice Crispy treats so everyone thought she slaved over them...yeah that is me, but I didn't intentionally put the flour on me.  I tried to be clean about it.  This darn belly just gets in the way.

Are you messier when you are pregnant?  Do you blame it on the belly size or just the fact that pregnancy makes you less coordinated?

No comments:

Post a Comment