Friday, September 10, 2010

Favorite Moments Friday

2010-07-11 19.31.41
Grandma Donna and Superman
Superman has been teething and snotty and not really sleeping during the day so finding time to blog has been tough.  I have also been spending a bunch of time putting together a video of Superman with his Grandma Donna.  She is near the end of her fight and I am praying that things continue to be pain-free for her.  If you can take a moment and send good thoughts into the universe for her, I would be grateful.  I wish I could share the video with you but it has his real name spoken throughout much of it so instead I have included one of my favorite pictures of them.  I am glad that I have the video done so that Superman will have something to remember her by.  It saddens me that he will not remember her, but I have many things to share with him so that it will feel like he remembers. 

Onto my favorite moments...

  • Superman is now an expert drinker from the sippy cup.  He can pick up the cup, position it correctly, and take a sip.  The biggest deal? He no longer spits the water everywhere.  (If this happens to you, try putting a tiny bit of apple juice in the water. He like the taste so he started drinking it. Each meal I added less and less juice and now he just drinks the plain water without the spitting.)
  • I figured out how to keep him awake in the car!  I figure out this trick when one day I handed him a half filled water bottle to play with in hopes that he would not fall asleep.  It worked!! Other items that have worked include: Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons, bibs, and anything else that won't be harmful, but you don't usually let him play with.  I figured it was the novelty of the item, but when I tried handing him a new toy, that worked too.  So now that I know the trick I just hoard all the toys up front and hand them one at a time as he gets sleepy.   You're welcome. :)
  • We bought this backpack carrier for Superman.  If you missed it on Wednesday, I posted this picture of us trying it out for the first time.  I spent much of my wee years in a backpack that was not nearly this nice, hiking all over the Adirondacks.  I am looking forward to many, many hikes with Superman.
  • He is EIGHT months old and got his EIGHTH tooth on Wednesday, September EIGHTH.  Isn't that cool?

I think that is all for this week.  I am off to finish getting things cleaned up because my husband's parents will be here in a couple of hours.  They live in Kansas and it will be a real treat having them here right now.

Have you "liked" Being Mom...Now on Facebook yet?  If not, please take a moment and follow this link to our Facebook page and "like" away!  Thank you!

Have a great weekend!

TTFN,

Mommy C

No comments:

Post a Comment